The FOOTPRINT team are committed to ensuring that the event is welcomed by the people of Brighton and Hove. We don’t want to cause any undue interference or loss of amenity particularly to our neighbours living closest to the site; we live very close to the site as well. We would like to make it clear that as a business networking show it is quite different from other events held on Hove Lawns.
• there will be no noise or public nuisance as there is no amplified music in the show during the day and the show largely closes at 6pm
• drinks receptions held between 6pm and 9pm will be limited in sound level as people are there to meet one another and talk so only background music will be played
• a team of security guards will be on the lawns round the clock during the build, the event and take down, so hopefully incidents of anti-social behaviour on the lawns will be reduced during this time
• there should be no impact to residents’ parking as all attendees are asked to arrive by public transport or bike and we will make it clear that there is no parking at the event
• several lawns will remain clear for residents throughout and all walkways will remain clear to maintain public access from local roads to the promenade
During our presence on site there will be a 24-hour Residents’ Hotline for any queries and so that any problems can be sorted out quickly. The Neptune’s marquee company are experienced with building on grass, eg. in Regent’s Park for the last 7 years and will take all the necessary precautions to protect the lawns from tyre tracks and other marks. We undertake to restore the grass to the condition in which we find it in.
We will be uploading additional information on this community page and we welcome questions or suggestions about any practical aspect of the event. Please contact Sophie on email@example.com or call her on 07793351122